- 1 fresh tuna steak (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 1 lime, squeezed
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 tbsp minced garlic
- ½ tbsp mirin (rice wine)
- 1 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- Seasame seeds
- Salt & pepper to taste
- To make the marinade sauce, mix lime juice, cilantro, garlic, mirin in a bowl.
- Dry tuna steak and season with salt and pepper, then put it in a ziploc bag with the marinade sauce. Place the bag in the fridge for 1 hour.
- An hour later, take out the tuna steak and add a pinch of sesame seeds on each side.
- Add 1 tbsp oil to a skillet over high heat, sear for about 1 minute per side.
- Transfer tuna steak to a cutting board and cut into slices then serve.
- This step is optional, but if you love cilantro and lime as much as I do, mix the remaining marinade sauce with sesame oil and a pinch of sesame seeds, then use as dipping sauce.