- 6 tomatoes, slice in half (I used plum tomatoes)
- 1 cup elbow pasta
- 1/4 lb ground beef
- 3 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup bread crumbs (I used 4C Japanese Style Panko Seasoned)
- 1/2 cup parmesan, grated (optional, I have made it with and without)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
- Dry dill weed
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
- Use a small spoon to scoop out tomatoes pulp and seeds. Be gentle not to break the shell. Discard the seeds and save the pulp, chopped.
- Set a large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add elbow pasta in the pot, cook until al dente, and drain.
- Heat a little oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and beef, and stir until browned and crumbly, then dispose of grease.
- In a bowl, mix together macaroni, beef, chopped pulp, parsley, bread crumbs, salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff tomatoes with the mixture. Drizzle some olive oil on top then bake until tomatoes are cooked and soft, about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Drizzle dill weed on top to serve.